Thursday, August 19, 2010

Conversation in the Car

This was our conversation in the car this morning:

(After looking to see that the two-year-old had his pouty face on)

Me: What's wrong?

Two-year-old: (grunt)

Me: (trying to cheer him up) I love you!

Two-year-old: No. And I don't love you!

Me: I do love you...

Four-year-old: (interrupting) And she'll love you forever. She'll even love you if you die and she'll wish for you.

Two-year-old: I don't want to die.

Me: No, baby, you aren't going to die. He didn't say you were going to die, but if you did I'd still love you.

Two-year-old: I don't want to die.

Me: You aren't going to die for a long, long time (I want to be able to tell him he never will...but that's just not true...I hope I can assure him that it won't happen for a long, long time)

Two-year-old: I don't want to die.

Four-year-old: You are still very young. Even mommy and daddy aren't old enough to die. You won't die until you are very old.

Two-year-old: I knew that.

2 comments:

This Heavenly Life said...

Bwahahaha! This is TOO FUNNY!! I can hear both of their little voices, and it's cracking me up :)

But oh, I'd have had little heart palpitations having death talks with my own kids. Motherhood is not for the faint of heart, right?!

Young Mom said...

Giggling! You have such a dramatic 4 year old. :)