Thursday, February 7, 2013

Jesus: As Played by Green Blankie



This picture may just look like a little boy cuddling with his carefully placed blankies, but it's so much more than that.

Tonight my husband and I had a date night (so thankful for our babysitter!).  We came home shortly after bedtime and imagine this...the four-year-old was still awake.  He came out to greet us and then led me back to his room to see his bed which he had made.  After great excitement on my part, I tucked him in and returned to the living room.

A few minutes later he reappeared.  I was ready to scold him and send him quickly back to his room when he said, "Mommy, you have to come see.  I rolled my green blankie... (dramatic pause)... and it's just like baby Jesus."

Guess who headed down the hall with the four-year-old because yes, I had to see.

"See, Mommy, the green blankie is Jesus and the blue one over him is his blankie."

After tucking him back in, I walked out of his room wondering if he was a child of deep faith or just a really good salesman who knows his audience! 

No comments: